BRC Blueberry Festival
Old Orchard Creek Farm in Ashe County once again hosted Blue Ridge Conservancy’s annual Blueberry Festival. The summer sun (and a little rain), ripe blueberries, friends, music, and good food made for a wonderful afternoon of fun on behalf of land protection in northwest North Carolina.
BRC teamed up with several local merchants to support this event. Guests enjoyed delicious wood-fired pizzas provided by Good Wood of Hickory and blueberry cobbler from Faith Mountain Farms of Ashe County. Water and tea were provided by Brushy Mountain Water and Pepper’s Restaurant.
The Annual Blueberry Festival is a celebration of Blue Ridge Conservancy, our friends, supporters, and the work we do together to protect the beautiful mountains of northwest North Carolina. Historic Old Orchard Creek Farm is an example of this work as the farm is permanently protected by conservation easement.
Thanks to everyone who attended and volunteered for the event. BRC relies on your support to make the event a success.
We are taking a break from the Blueberry Festival in 2013. Stay tuned for a new and improved BBF in 2014.
Old Orchard Creek Farm
Click HERE for a Google map!
410 Swansie Shepard Road, Lansing, NC 28643
From downtown West Jefferson
- Travel NC-194 N toward Warrensville,
- In Warrensville, turn RIGHT and continue on 194 N to Lansing.
- In Lansing, travel STRAIGHT through stoplight (194 N will turn right at stoplight, but don’t turn!).
- Road will become S Big Horse Creek Rd./NC-1353. Follow for approximately 1 mile.
- Turn LEFT onto Little Horse Creek Rd. (CITGO gas station will be on your right). Follow for approx. 2.2 miles.
- Turn LEFT onto Joe Hampton Rd./NC 1334. Follow for approx. 1.7 miles.
- Turn LEFT onto Jack Jones Rd./NC-1332. Follow for approx. 0.5 miles.
- Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto NC-1338/Swansie Shepard Rd.
- Old Orchard Creek is at the end of Swansie Shepard Rd.
Come on out for a day of fun at Old Orchard Creek Farm. For more information, contact Maria Whaley or call 828.264.2511.